Meet 4C by Direct Motion
4C (patent pending) is an integrated, end-to-end, software package featured on all DM CNC machine tools.
4C covers all stages of your product manufacturing process:
- CAD - Import 3D CAD models (step files), or design new 3D CAD parts on the machine.
- CAM - Create advanced toolpaths around the CAD geometry, or import G codes from outside CAM.
- CNC - Press go and run the 3, 4, or 5 axis machine. The table of tools is shared between CAM and CNC.
- CMM - Automated probing routines for setup, measurement, and reverse engineering.
At The Machine Programming on 40" 4K Touch Display
Our built in 40" touch display is roughly the size of other conventional operator panels. Essentially we have replaced conventional fixed buttons with touch buttons (similar to smartphones). There are 10 different windows that an operator may want to interact with while using the machine, each of these windows can be docked in any location or floated. Multiple graphics screens can be shown simultaneously for different programs or subroutines. Camera(s) can also be mounted inside of the machine for an on screen video feed. The large screen fills up fast when you have this sort of information at your finger tips. Most operators find the standard mouse and keyboard more useful for programming parts, whereas operations such as jogging or changing tools are quicker on the touchscreen. The combination of the two input methods leads to a very productive machine.
Sit/Stand Operator Panel mounted on a Rotate & Swivel Arm
Our newly redesigned operator panel can be easily adjusted to the optimal height for operator comfort, while sitting or standing. It is also mounted on a rotate and swivel arm, allowing convenient positioning even partially inside the machine enclosure. Our CNC operator panel is the most convenient and ergonomic of any machining center available in today's market.
Easy to Learn CNC Programming with DMTube.com
Our entire training library is online in streaming video format and accessible from the machines help menu or www.dmtube.com
. Our videos cover every aspect of programming operating your DM Machining Center. Each of our 50+ detailed training videos is 5-10 minutes long. After watching 3 or 4 "beginners" videos you'll be able to run the machine, setup tools in the tool changer, and make simple shapes - all on the first day. DM-CAM also includes 25+ sample programs which dmtube.com videos refer to. Within 2 weeks or so of full time attention many users will be comfortable running the machine, creating new part programs and making chips.
Machining Center Reporting with DMerp.com
Every DM machining center comes with a DMerp.com
account. Here you can view the entire history of your machine and even monitor production with our customized graphs and reporting features. From axis temperatures to auto-cycle run times, and much more.
Always Run the Latest DM-CNC Software Release
DM has never charged for software and firmware updates. We've found that DM and our customers both benefit from running the latest software release version with all features enabled. We don't nickle and dime our customers by charging for unlocking features.
Highly Interactive and Responsive CNC Control
Press the touch display and machine moves instantly. Press go and machine starts running the program instantly. As you write or modify a program in one window, another windows shows the updated tool path instantly.
Internet Support with Remote Diagnostics
All DM Vertical Machining Centers leave our factory with Skype and Logmein installed for quick and easy support. You can contact DM via skype right from your machine and we can login to your machine remotely using industry standard logmein. In a matter of seconds, we can operate every aspect of your machine as if we were right in front of it with you. That's right, no more trying to explain and understand what is on your screen or where to click next... we can do it for you! Technology is amazing, and our Windows based control allows DM customers to benefit from these advances in technology.
Patented Single Processor CNC Controller
DM machining centers use a true Windows PC to run the machine. Our patented single processor "One Brain Animal" handles the user interface, motion coordination, I/O, and motion control. The PC CPU closes real time servo loops. The DM CNC system is a "real time" Windows environment.
User Friendly Windows Software
4C by DM brings the desktop to the shop floor with our user friendly PC based Windows CNC software. Anyone with basic computer skills can operate a DM VMC. Our standard Windows 10 software application was developed with the latest Windows tools. Our user friendly software eliminates the need for CAD/CAM/CNC/CMM training and experience.
|Switch to American Units|
||4C by DM
||DMC (DM Control)
|Table Load Capacity
|Spindle Nose to table Min
|Spindle Nose to Table Max
|Spindle Power Continuous
|Spindle Power (30 min rating)
|Spindle Power Peak
|Spindle Speed Standard
|Spindle Speed Upgrade
||0.005mm / 300mm
|ATC Number of Tools
|ATC Tool Change Time t-t
|ATC Tool Change Time c-c
|ATC Max Tool Length
|ATC Max Tool Diameter (full)
|ATC Max Tool Diameter (no adjacent tools)
|ATC Max Tool Weight
|Wall Circuit breaker requirement
(If electrical service is less than specified
values, then spindle peak power can be
lowered to match)
- Software: 4C (patent pending) by DM, Windows 10 Operating System
- Control: DMC (DM Control)
- Interface: 40" 4K Touch Display
- Fully Enclosed
- Tool Changer: Arm Automatic Tool Changer (ATC)
- Spindle: 8000 rpm, BT 40 Taper
- Linear Rails: XYZ axis
- Chip Removal: Chip conveyor
- Coolant Tank
- Z Axis Pneumatic Counter Balance
- Cooling: A/C unit for control cabinet
- Pendant: Remote jog handle
- PC Hardware: I5 Intel processor, 8GB Ram, Solid state drive (SSD), mouse, keyboard, webcam, and headset
- Warranty: 1-Year Standard Warranty
- Peck Drill
- Drill & Tap
- Circular Interpolation Thread Cutting
- Bolt Circle
- Circular Interpolation
- Spiral Interpolation
- Helical Interpolation
- Rectangular Pocket
- Circular Pocket
- Irregular Pocket
- Highspeed Irregular pocketing toolpath planning (BETA)
- Mill Surfacing
- Single Line Engraving
- Outline Engraving
- Emulate Larger Tool Diameter
- Cleanout Engraving
- Industry Standard GCodes
- Internal Diameter (ID) Probing
- Outside Diameter (OD) Probing
- Depth Probing
- Corner Probing
- Slot Probing Depth Probing
- Repeating Patterns (ie: repeat GCode file in multiple locations)
- Rotation Repeat
- XYZ Offset
- Sweep Angle around X,Y or Z
- 3d Surfacing
- Surface of Revolution
- Surface of Profile
Please ensure that your machine shop meets the following minimum requirements before placing an order.
- Wired high speed internet: 15Mb minimim speed required for remote support via Skype and Logmein
- Shop Ceiling: 12ft
- Shop Door: 10ft x 10ft
- Forklift: 20,000 lb capacity
- Electrical: 208-240V, 3Ph power with dedicated disconnect box and appropriate sized breaker (see machine specs). The disconnect box must be within 10ft of the right rear corner of the machine.
- Shop Air: 100 psi